Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Foot Fetish ? ? ?

It's probably not really a fetish, but what is it that compels me to shop shoe bargains.  In my male persona I may buy a pair of shoes every year or two.  When Leelee takes over, I'm shopping in shoe stores, online, anywhere there is a great bargain on shoes.  Today I got an email from a web site where I've shopped for some ladies wear in the past.  It was advertising 20% off the first item you buy and 40% off the third item.  Sounds great so where do I head but the the clearance shoes.  After all, 40% off a clearance is a great deal.

I plan the purchases so that my first buy is for a pair of wedge sandals already on sale for under $25.  The third item is a pair of pearl pumps with an ankle strap on sale for under $35 but NOW 40% off.  My breathing is heavy!

What you may ask was my second item at regular price?  A pair of shorts the the guy in me - $5.99.

Again I ponder, what compels the lady in me to be so drawn to shoes.  Maybe because they are so cute; maybe because they look so good on me; maybe because a girl needs comfy shoes for every occasion - I don't know but I think I do know why the ladies' shoe department is so much larger that the men's in every shoe store I have ever been in!

Shoe Whores of the World - you've got a new member :)  Don't get in my way in the clearance aisle! 

No comments: