Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone

There hasn't been a lot of time to write this past week and even less to think about what I would like to write.  This evening I had an idea start to crawl around in my head and I decided to sit down and see if I could turn it into words.  I thought I'd take a quick look at Mistress S's blog before I started.  She's added a playlist to her sidebar and the second song that turned up on the list was "Ain't No Sunshine..." by Al Green.  I love that version of this song and I let it play for a minute.  Out of the lyrics as Al Green sang came the reality of the idea that had been toying with me.

For a really long time the essence that has become LeeLee has been hiding out in a side of me that I had been denying.  As I said in a previous post, embarking on the cross dressing life, even in a small way, came from an unexpected combination of circumstances.  Once I embraced the femme side of myself, I found a new "sunshine" that chased away a shadow that I'd lived with for so long.  Today, I realize that this part of me that I can now embrace and cherish is what has filled me up and made my "house" (that's me) a "home" (that's me with LeeLee in my mind).

I know, I know, I know, I know that this time she's going to stay!

No comments: