Monday, September 1, 2008

A Cautionary Tale

I came to a point a couple of weeks ago where I decided that chest hair was not aesthetically pleasing sticking out of lingerie.  I have been wearing opaque briefers which include the bra and covered down to the crotch. This hid man hair except on the upper chest.  Waxing did not appeal to me so I tried shaving the area.  That worked well except to my surprise I had a chest full of stubble the next day.  I had no idea that chest hair grew that quickly.

I decided to try a hair remover and since my skin tends to be rather sensitive, I did a little research and bought one that promised to be gentle.  I followed the directions carefully and about 10 minutes after the application of the cream, I wiped off the hair.  Wow, smooth, nice!!

I showered and when I dried off, my chest was a little red.  OK, thinks me, that's probably normal and it will be fine in the morning.  In the morning I ran my hand over the area before I got up and was pleased to find no stubble.  When I got to the mirror, I was startled to see that my chest was indeed smooth like a baby's bottom - a baby with a serious case of diaper rash.  I was covered with a red rash over the entire area that I had treated the night before.  No hair just red and itchy!!!

The itch went away after 2 days of allergy ointments and the rash died down to a cluster of red bumps after 2 more days.  The bumps cleared up in about a week about the same time the stubble returned.

Better living through chemistry - NOT!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I can sympathize. I tried hair remover on my neck hair once. Once, never again...

I've found that chest hair responds really nicely to laser hair removal. If you're got a few hundred dollars to spare this is a great investment (just be sure to find a professional place to do the hair removal, done wrong it can leave scars...)

Hugs,
Vanessa
Crossdresser Heaven